Sunday, February 15, 2009

On finding the perfect match



Good to Go

In honor of Valentines Day, I want to talk about finding the perfect match. The organization that leaves you breathless with passion for what they do, the one you swoon over and express your love though giving your time, money and talent. With over one million non profit organizations in the United States, and hundreds actively working in the issue areas you care about how do you choose “the one”?



I came across a service that helps you match with the charitable organization that best matches your social change interests. Is Donation Dashboard the match.com of philanthropy? Basically, you rate a small set of non-profits, and upon completion you are presented a portfolio of recommendations that match your preferences.



The service at can recommend non profit organizations that work in the issue areas you care about. I tried the site for myself. While I didn’t quite see how some of the recommendations matched my preferences, I did learn of several organizations and checked out their websites to get additional information. The site owners noted that Donation Dashboard is a work in progress that will get better as they get more users/ data.



I hope that you try it for yourself. When you do, let me know about your experience. Did Donation Dashboard recommend organizations that truly match your hearts desire?

No comments:

Post a Comment

This blog is all about how non profit organizations and their supporters are creating and promoting change by raising resources: time, money and talent from the communities they serve.